Saturday, March 12, 2011

Who Is Wisdom ?







Websters’s definition of Wisdom is;

1 a: accumulated philosophic or scientific learning : knowledge b: ability to discern inner qualities and relationships : insight c: good sense : judgment d: generally accepted belief 2: a wise attitude, belief, or course of action3: the teachings of the ancient wise men

Vines Expository defines Wisdom as ;

"WISDOM"

1. sophia NT:4678 is used with reference to (a) God, Rom 11:33; 1 Cor 1:21,24; 2:7; Eph 3:10; Rev 7:12; (b) Christ, Matt 13:54; Mark 6:2; Luke 2:40,52; 1 Cor 1:30; Col 2:3; Rev 5:12; (c) "wisdom" personified, Matt 11:19; Luke 7:35; 11:49; (d) human "wisdom" (1) in spiritual things, Luke 21:15; Acts 6:3,10; 7:10; 1 Cor 2:6 (1 st part); 12:8; 1:8,17; 1:9, RV, "(spiritual) wisdom," 28; 3:16; 4:5; 5; 3:13,17; 15; 18; 17:9; (2) in the natural sphere, Matt 12:42; Luke 11:31; Acts 7:22; 1 Cor 1:17,19,20,21 (twice), 22; 2:1,4,5,6 (2 nd part), 13; 3:19; 12; 23; (3) in its most debased form, James 3:15, "earthly, sensual, devilish" (marg., "demoniacal").

2. phronesis NT:5428, "understanding, prudence," i. e., a right use of phren, "the mind," is translated "wisdom" in Luke 1:17. See PRUDENCE.


**Note**: "While sophia is the insight into the true nature of things, phronesis is the ability to discern modes of action with a view to their results; while sophia is theoretical, phronesis is practical" (Lightfoot). Sunesis, "understanding, intelligence," is the critical faculty; this and phronesis are particular applications of sophia.

(from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright (c)1985, Thomas Nelson Publishers)



First and foremost I want to say that Christ is the wisdom of God and Christ is in me. Prov. 29:18 tells us how a fool rattles on but a wise man keeps quite. So we see here that we don’t need to always explain or get into great detail about certain things its best to just listen. Wisdom can’t be acquired if we are constantly talking because we can’t receive if we are giving out. So wisdom is listening. If we listen then we can hear The Voice of God and when He speaks He gives us faith. We will find that what God speaks or in His word that it is always followed with responsibility.

I know that if I possess wisdom for everyday life that with The Word of God I can overcome my # 1 enemy which is worry. Worry as defined in Webster’s dictionary as follows ; to strangle, to injure, twist, choke, harass, tearing with the teeth, push repeatedly, never letting up in a nervous way, to annoy, bother, to cause to feel troubled, uneasy and anxious. So I know that wisdom from the Word of God mixed with faith will be my aid in living a worry free life. The Word states that we are to be anxious for nothing, so I must make myself knowledgeable in the Word of God to be able to walk a worry free life. Once I do this I have overcome fear and live the life of victory that was made available to me in Christ. I also have a realization that there is no End.

Heb. 4:9-16 tells me that the Word of God is a discerner with this I have confidence that The Word of God will direct me into all righteousness. Psalm 91 tells me that we are above the enemy sitting in heavenly places with Jesus and that I am “protected”. I also see that Jesus the Spirit of Truth lives in me and I must chose to walk in it daily.

In 1st Kings 17, I see that the woman was planning for the end. She had already determined that the end of the circumstance was death. She was limiting her thinking to these circumstances. Once she took the limits off of God and yielded to the wisdom of the Prophet she gained wealth, health and wisdom. So in this we see that we are not to limit God to circumstances. We must not stumble in our confession and we will not stumble in the Word. We know that we are not the source of power but the power lives in us.

The Word says if any lack wisdom ask, ….. I need to ask for wisdom to have a healthy body, marriage, family, and relationship with God & people. Wisdom teaches me to not to not spare the rod and spoil the child, to submit to my husband in Christ and to love the body of Christ, as it is my own. Wisdom teaches me how to rely on God to counsel His children and have a confidence in knowing that I am distributing the truth that will set them free. Wisdom is a very important characteristic that allows Christ to be seen in and through me. Wisdom has taught me how to bring the glorious gospel to a dying world. Wisdom has taught me to love people where they are so that Christ can bring them to where they need to be. Wisdom has showed me that the anointing destroys the yoke of the enemy and that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. Wisdom has taught me to believe The Word of God and its authority working in me. Wisdom has taught me that there is no End, ….. Eternity is mine and for all God’s children. Wisdom is a sister to me as stated in Proverbs. Wisdom is Jesus Christ working in me to make known the power that is available to all that believe. Wisdom has taught me that there is nothing that I can’t do with out My God. Wisdom has taught me that I can’t be a double minded person is unstable in all there ways. Wisdom has taught me that He “Jesus” dealt with sin, sickness, and the curse of the law. Wisdom has taught me that The Word God is not bound! I will do what God has for me I will stretch forth my hand. Wisdom has taught me that I have to allow God to teach me how to change. Wisdom has taught me to monitor what I open myself and family up to ex. television, radio etc. I know now that how I perceive things changes everything in life. What I now know is in my life The Word of God is like a vitamin to my Spirit, Soul and Body.

Bishop Chrystal Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment